Childcare Market In Australia – Government Funding
- New Government Subsidy package came into effect on 1 July 2018 providing an additional $3.5bn
- 94% of families (who meet the activity test) are better off under the new Subsidy
- The most Subsidy incentive is provided to families earning a combined income of $100,000 – $210,000. This has led to a neutral to small increase in centre occupancy
- Preschool education for 3 to 4 year olds is likely to be a pivotal issue in the next Federal Election
- Both NSW and VIC Governments have announced policies to increase preschool funding to include 3 year olds.
- Increased funding is likely to result in increased child enrolments and the need to increase the number of LDC’s